Position Title: R&D Manager
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Department: Research and Development
Reports to: Manager, Indian Development Centre.
The Manager, Research and Development is a seasoned technologically savvy leader with passion for developing, delivery of new products and help us grow. Managing multiple product teams and works closely with the Product Management teams, US team, Sales and Marketing and customer support teams.
In this role, you will be hiring the new development staff, oversee each aspect of the development process, and act as a liaison between development team and upper management.
Also, responsible to maintaining the existing product line with high quality and timely deliverables by working closely with product teams.
Should possess strong leadership skills and ability to resolve the challenges quickly.
- To Develop and deliver a strategic technological vision and direction for the Indian Development centre.
- Guiding and assisting the development teams throughout the development process.
- Understand the business and technical requirements of the prospective clients and work closely with the internal development teams to deliver products that delight our customers.
- Ensuring the technology standards and best practises are maintained across the teams.
- Cultivate an environment of collaboration, commitment, accountability, and creativity and deliver products and services on time with quality that span across multiple teams and delight the customer.
- Work closely with the overseas Product Management team with an aim of meeting current and future customer needs.
- Identify and implement technology trends that helps the future success of the Organization.
- Ensure that the skills and experience of developments teams are consistent with the need for providing the quality in current and future products.
- Stays current with technological developments and management practises, which involves in attending conferences and workshops.
- Build frameworks to promote third party development and integration; define and implement Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Continuous Development.
- Comply with all the relevant policies and procedures and complete all the documents that are required.
- Willing to undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as may be reasonably expected of the role and as necessary in order to achieve the objectives of the organization.
Qualifications: (Education, Experience, Skills and Knowledge)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or any equivalent degree.
- At least 8 plus years of hands on experience in developing cloud-based software along with 4 years of Management experience.
- Expertise with more than one of the Software Development Methodologies.
- Expertise in designing and developing cloud based high available distributed applications and must have extensive experience in object-oriented design.
- Strong hands on experience in using Java, Hibernate, Spring technology stack (Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Cloud, Spring Batch, Spring spiral, Spring security etc.) along with open source technologies.
- Demonstrated Experience on databases like MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle.
- An understanding on handling of large data sources. (Desirable)
- Expertise on the Code Static Analyzer tools like SonarQube, PMD, and DevOps Tools.
- Strong expertise in Security related to Web Applications and mobile applications and other open source and commercial tools.
- Demonstrable and substantial experience in leading and managing teams of software developers
- Impeccable written English skills, and Oral communication skills along with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Results-oriented, detail-oriented, and well organized.